Honeywell HVAC Zone Control Problems

Old 10-17-06, 07:00 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HVAC Zone Control Problems

I have an old Trol-a-Temp Honeywell zoning system in my home which I inherited from the previous owner. Ever since I moved in I have had constant issues with it. The latest one was the last straw. I came home and there was a buzzing sound coming from the basement. When I went to investigate it of course was coming from the zone controller! I had to rip relays out to get the thing to stop buzzing. It isn't the relays, because I swapped them around and to no avail. The board is toast. I want to tear the whole system out, dampers and all. (Of course the dampers have long since stopped functioning before the board went). My question is, can I maintain 3 seperate thermostats and just bypass the zoning, letting my heater/HVAC unit get signals from all three as required? If so how would I wire that? Just take all the common color wires to a terminal board and send the signal from there to the furnace/ac?

Old 10-18-06, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

For what you have, no you cant tie 3 tstats to run it. Id say use just one like in the middle of the home. Then fit all damper so you can adjust them and lock them . This way you could balance it out for summer and then winter.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: