Heat in Bathroom

Old 12-03-06, 01:02 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat in Bathroom

We recently purchased and moved into our first home. It's located in Northern Colorado (Greeley) and was built in 1982.

After the recent snowstorms we had, my wife and I discovered that the bathroom is always very cold, and we figured out why - there's no heat register in the bathroom! We also have a mold/mildew problem in there, probably because the people before us never used the bathroom vent, as it makes the room even colder while you're showering. (Don't worry, we're getting rid of the mold)

I would like to add a heat register to the room to bring in some heat. We have an horizontal attic furnace (Lennox G40UH-36A-070), and the duct work looks like a giant silver spider in the attic. Is there any easy way to add a vent into the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-06, 01:49 PM
You have many options , from adding a duct and vent to electric heat - toe space heater for example, tucks under the vanity

Old 12-03-06, 02:45 PM
Wink

The big box stores will have all the stuff you need for a new run. Be sure and use the silver flex pipe there the black dont last up in the attic heat. You can put a take off in the duct where you have room for it. Run it to the bath. use a register that blowes down. Not a round one that blowes the air out along the ceiling. So you need a take off a register boot and some silver flex pipe 6" 4 ties and some mastic duct sealant