Venmar humidity control not working

Old 02-22-07, 01:44 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Venmar humidity control not working

We have a venmar EA-109. its been here since the house was built in 1988. We moved in in 2000 and the humidity control has never worked. if you set it on constantly, the venmar runs fine. but if you put it on the other control that is suppose to control humidity automatically as needed, it does nothing.
We thought it might need a new control panel. But wonder about putting any money into the old system and just buying new.
any thoughts on what we might look for to see if it is just the control panel, or could it be something else?

Old 04-03-07, 06:11 AM
M
Same problem

We just moved into our house last spring and it too has a Venmar EA-109 Air
Exchange unit. It started acting up this winter (squeaking noise), so we didn't use it for a while. It started to work again for a few days but now, nothing. I am assuming that it is probably the motor but just in case, does anyone else have any insight on this?

Old 03-23-08, 01:04 PM
W
I'm having the same problem as well, my EA-109 finally stopped working, and now I hear about recalls from Venmar. I looked at their website, but they do not have this unit listed, I can't even find out how old this unit is as they don't support it anymore. If someone could advise how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-24-08, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Id look into getting a new Aprilaire 700 . Put it on the furnace . They do a very good job of putting humidity in the home for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: