Redoing furnace.

Old 05-24-07, 06:55 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking Redoing furnace.

Hey there, last year I decided to replace my 25yr old furnace and ancient condesor unit, so after consulting my HVAC buddy, I went out and bought a system. Since I'm in the electrical trade, I went out and bought it. Since then he won't come back to tell me what duct part i am going to need to get the new one connected. The old furnace is uplow with both the return and supply on top but the new one is uplow with return on the side. Anyway, this is my question, is there somewhere on the web i can find the terminolgy for the different parts. For from the return side of the furnace I need an attachment to the air cleaner then 90 up to the existing return through one of those vibration adapters. Then once I get it all connected I could call someone to hook up the freon and gas.

Is there any help for me (seeing as i am cheap) or should i just spend the bucks
Thanx
Joe.

Old 05-24-07, 07:48 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I'm afraid you are going to have to spend the bucks, Joe. The sheet metal transitions are almost always custom made, often at the jobsite. Unless you are willing to spend several thousands of dollars on the sheet metal tools (brake, lockformer, rolling machine etc.) it will be far easier and cheaper to have a competent furnace installer bring his truck full of tools and do it. It will probably take about a half a day for a pro and it would take you (or me) a week and look like a drunk put it together.

Old 05-26-07, 07:12 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

How did I know someone was going to say that, well at least i will save some cash by ripping it all out myself.

Thanx
Joe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: