Register location - not under window?

Old 04-02-08, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Register location - not under window?

The ceiling register in our bedroom was badly located on install (about 2 feet from the door, so the air basically comes in --- and goes out ) which of course leaves the room somewhat cool in the winter and warm in the summer. I know that standard procedure is to locate registers beneath, or in this case above, windows, however the windows in this room are at either extreme end of a wall span. Which means the air would come in --- and go out.

Is there any reason I can't stick the thing over in a far corner diagonally opposite the door even though it's not near a window? No cold air returns in the room either, by the way. The house is served by one largish one in its single hallway. I intend to install a jumper duct, or vents between rooms to help with what I was told may be pressurization issues.

Old 04-02-08, 08:35 PM
Wink

If you have to room in the attic yes you can add on to that run .On over to the far wall.
Also dont know if you have good air out of it ? If so they have other registers that might work that will throw the air over to the other wall . Might look into that

Old 04-03-08, 02:20 PM
D
Is it possible to add in a new duct run off of your main duct in the attic? If you can get one vent above each window that would work best.

Be careful when adding a transfer duct or vents between rooms. Although this may help with air movement, there could quite possibly be privacy issues that arise later, as sound will then be able to easily travel between rooms.

If it is possible to add a ceiling return into the master bedroom instead, that would more than likely be the best way to solve this problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: