Condensation on outside of Air Handler

Old 09-06-08, 08:53 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Condensation on outside of Air Handler

HI,

I live in SE Florida. I had a new air handler installed 3 years ago, its in the ceiling of the garage. Occasionally I would see some water/rusting on one of the bolts holding the air handler to the ceiling. Several months ago we replaced the A/C unit and we had all sorts of problems with A/C start up noises. The problem seems to be fixed with the addition of an A/C pad under the unit. Now, I am finding significant condensation on the bottom of the air handler and an ever increasing puddle on the floor. Given the start up noises we had with the A/C, I wondering if is it possible that the output of the new AC is too much the air handler to handel? We keep the thermostat at 78degrees. My neighbor thought the problem might be with the insulation around the handler, but I find that hard to believe.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to stop the condenstaion. Thank you.

David John

Old 09-06-08, 12:26 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
It is ether an RH problem with it being to high where the AHU is located or an insulation problem.

Old 09-06-08, 09:16 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioning Problems

Check to make sure you have the proper airflow restricted slow moving air gets then colder make sure the indoor coil is clean and there are no other obstructions then check the drain line to make sure it is clear then check the insulation on the inside of your air handler to make sure there is no exposed metal on the inside

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: