tstat not calling

Old 09-17-08, 11:11 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
tstat not calling

I jumped r/g and r/w and i got no response. I checked and got no 24v going to tstat. what can it be? I checked breakers they are ok.

Old 09-17-08, 12:22 PM
If you're not getting 24 vac at the t-stat then you need to check the transformer in the airhandler.

Old 09-17-08, 03:57 PM
H
Also check for a blown fuse 3amp or 5amp
If its a furnace it will be on the board, depending on what brand you have. Some have ones that can be reset like the lennox, but most have a small fuse on the board its either purple or orange if the fuse is good that check for twenty four volts from transformer.

Old 09-18-08, 07:39 AM
F
thanks guys, i will do that.

Old 09-18-08, 08:34 AM
M
Air Conditioning Repair

Also if you do find a blown fuse buy a 5 pack of replacements and if you replace the first one and it blows again start walking your way through the sequence of operation until you find a likely culprit for the short i.e. turn just the fan on and off a couple of times to see if the problem is there, then turn cooling on and off a couple of times etc. if this causes no failures look around for a control voltage wire that may have gotten up against some metal in the cabinet. Finding a control voltage short is one of the trickiest operations you can perform and many times when you fix it you won't know what you did but that's ok you'll get over it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: