Outdoor Unit Still Running?

Old 11-15-08, 08:31 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Unit Still Running?

Hello everyone,
Since it's still kind of nice outside my roomate and I have the heat/a.c. unit turned off. But I can still hear the outside unit running from time and time. Today when I heard it I took a look at it and the fan at the top, sure enough, was turning just as if we had the heat or a.c. on. Why is it doing this? Is it normal? Thanks for your help!

FilmReal13

Old 11-16-08, 05:48 AM
S
your set points are to close together and your in auto on the system switch.if you switch it to cool or heat the other is locked out.72F in the cooling setting the outside will only run if the space goes above that..if you have them set at 70F/72F in system auto they will cycle that condenser more .spread that temp to say heat 65F...74F cooling and the unit will stay off.

Old 11-16-08, 06:42 AM
F
Thanks sminker! So even if I have our thermostat set to "Off" I should still do what you say in order to keep the unit off?

Old 11-16-08, 08:05 AM
S
if the stat is in OFF position...nothing should happen outside no matter what the heat or cooling setpoints are.the only point that will cause the condenser to run is the thermostat .if it is actually running with the stat in the OFF position you'll have to have somebody check the control wiring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: