tempstar furnace

Old 11-16-08, 12:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tempstar furnace

We have a tempstar induced draft upflow gas furnace that is not working right. the exhaust fan runs but the blower will not kick on. this is an intermittent problem. is the problem with the blower itself or is it not sparking? i was told that it wont spark unless the blower kicks on first, or is it vice versa?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-08, 07:53 PM
Furnace help

It won't spark until the draft inducer comes on but the blower is controlled by a relay in the board. the on/off times are adjustable using dipswitches on the board. If you are calling for heat and your fan is not coming on after 90 or 120 seconds but the fan works when you turn it on at the thermostat then your board may be bad. You need to watch the furnace as it starts to see where in the sequence of operation it fails. Also if the board has a diagnostice function it may tell you what has failed so don't turn off the power until you look at the board first to see if there is a failure code flashing

Old 11-17-08, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, our thermostat is an old one where you can only adjust for heat. I cannot turn just the fan on. So I guess this isn't the best place to be looking for an answer, since i am almost positive someone needs to see it in person to diagnose it. But thanks for your help.