upstairs heat problem

Old 12-22-08, 09:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
upstairs heat problem

We recently installed a new furnace- the upstairs rooms have always been colder in the winter- we've been told with 3.5 inch ducts, it's inevitable. But since the new furnace installation, it is very cold, with much less hot air coming up there- the installers have no solution. They did increase th4 rpms on the fan. I have closed off some of the inside, basement, and first floor heating vents, but they are old vents and not perfectly sealed.
Questions:
1. could there be a blockage or a break in the ducts since the installation?
2. should we have a camera scope done? Is this the only
way to really assess the ducts?
3. Should we go ahead and clean the ducts regardless, as it has been years ?

Thank You Very Much

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-08, 12:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Id say that the company that just did the install needs to look at this! It most likely is not there problem but this should have been seen on the heat load of the home. They should have said something then. I fill they should make an honest attempt to resolve your air flow problems. If bigger ducts need to be installed they should be able to provide you a price. Let me back up!!! If they did not tell you about the small ducts up front I would find another company to provide a price. We recommend to our customers to have the duct cleaned every 12 plus years.