Furnace filter, does it matter

Old 11-21-10, 07:42 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I need to replace a new furnace filter, the size is 16 x 25 x 5. I looked at Home Depot & Lowes neither carry the size, so I started looking on line, and found quite abundance. Now I would like to know if there is anything else that wold prevent me from buying other than size? Is that most important to make sure it goes into the furnace?

My current filter is made by Reserve Pro, the tag said a replaceable may be Trion Air Bear Supreme 1400...etc. I guess my question is, other looking at the size and the MERV, are there anything else that I need to look for to make sure it works?. And can I buy any 16 x 25 x 5 using any brand would be ok?

I'm not the smartest when to comes to this stuff so would appreciate any help.

Old 11-21-10, 07:56 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Looks like it is a standard pleated filter! The big issue is if it fits in the housing tight! If they don't u can use foam to seal the gaps. Foam tape that is

Old 11-22-10, 07:46 AM
O
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

It sounds like it doesn't matter as long as the filter has the same dimensions?

Also, are there any specific brand name to purchase that is better than the rest for people who suffer from allergies?

Thanks

Old 11-22-10, 06:49 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Evert filter will be different! But as a general rule of thumb Farr makes some very good filters so does AAF. I'd stay away from tri dem. There are hundreds of filter manufactures so very hard to get specs on them all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: