Water coming from Return Vent in Ceiling

Old 02-19-11, 09:57 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water coming from Return Vent in Ceiling

I have had water coming from my return air vent. I haven't seen the leak or drip, but my laundry hamper is located directly below the return. An article of clothing in the hamper along with a article on the side of the hamper were saturated. There were not leaks occuring at the time I checked, but i opening the vent, the sides were damp. Upon looking in the attic at the outside of the duct box, there was now moisture on that, so I don't believe it is if I had a leaky roof.

One interesting fact is that I had a new supply line ran last week, however, it wasn't on this line. Could that have something to do with this?

I would assume that this is just built up condensation. I plan to check that line to ensure that all of the connections are airtight. But other than that, I am not sure what could be causing this. Another piece of information that may be useful is that the temperature outide went from an average of 30 degrees two weeks ago to around 50-55 this past week.

Any recommendations?

Old 02-20-11, 10:01 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
is your return insulated? With out it being insulated on either the inside or outside and being located in your attic it will produce condensation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: