Heat Pump Replacement Filter Media?

Old 03-27-11, 04:17 PM
J
Location: Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Heat Pump Replacement Filter Media?

We installed a new York dual fuel HP last year along with a MERV 11 filter. The filter media replacement isn't like going to the local Lowe's or Home Depot as we did for the previous system. The contractor provided one filter at $22 which was his cost for a General Aire Reservepro 12758 media. I am willing to buy several filters at one time - 2 to 4 say. Does anybody have a suggestion for a trust worthy Internet site that can come in around $25-27/filter with shipping included for this filter? Amazon doesn't include shipping for this item even if the order exceeds $25. I do not have easy access to a PayPal account.

Thank you.

Old 03-27-11, 07:17 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
I think this is the company I ordered from a couple of years ago. At least they are Accumulair filters that I bought at what I thought was a very good price. You need the dimensions of your current filter (including thickness). You can also Google Accumulair. for the site of the manufacturer which has a page noting Internet distributors.

Your Filter Connection

Old 03-28-11, 10:54 AM
J
Location: Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
Furd, thank you for the quick reply. As I said this is not like going to Lowes. I checked the dimensions of the filters that your suggested source has, and they have many, and I failed to locate one with the ReservePro 12758 dimensions of 19 5/8" X 24 3/8" X 4 3/4". This is a fan fold filter that is a pain to install. You have to weave 8-10 combs into every fold but the material is really nice.

I would appreciate any further suggestions. Thanks.

Old 03-28-11, 12:39 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
19 5/8" X 24 3/8" X 4 3/4" would be 20x25x4 probably. I have never seen a filter that had to be "weaved" in and out of a number of combs, and I've seen a lot of filters in my day; the worst was an American Air Filter (AAF) Rol-a-matic (I think that was the name, it's been almost forty years). Imagine a 9-foot long roll (about 18 inches in diameter) of sticky filter media. The used filter was worse because it was, well. filthy. These were in a commercial office building and slowly unrolled (and re-rolled as it passed over an outside air intake. Did a nice job and maintained a fairly constant pressure drop but what a dirty filthy thing to change.

I'd suggest calling Accumulair but I can't find any telephone number for them.

Maybe one of the other guys can suggest something.

Old 03-28-11, 01:34 PM
J
Furd, I finally located a site: Air Filters Express

They had the exact ReservePro 12758 filter in up to 4 filter packs. With shipping and the discount for the 4 pack, I got them for $25-26/filter. Not a bad price. And they also accept PayPal so there is no need to give them your credit card directly.

Thank you for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: