Condensation Problem Leak

Old 07-15-12, 05:14 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Condensation Problem Leak

I just bought the house about 6 months ago and now im seeing signs of some insullation issues in the AC ductwork. In the picture I included the arrow marked 1 is where the water is leaking / building up. 2 is the blower I assume with a large drain / evaporating pan under it. Where its leaking is angled slightly lower then the area above the evaporation pan. It is dripping about a liters worth of water every 2 days or so. with the AC set at about 75. My question is should I try to re-do the insullation around that box? I've tried taping over the small hole on the bottom with no luck. Or should I try to prop up that side of the box so it sits higher than it is so the condensation will run back into the part over the drain pan. Or if anyone has a better idea please post. I dont want my new house to get mold problems?? let alone the water mess.
Name:  ductleak1.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  44.4 KB

Old 07-16-12, 06:10 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A pvc or similar pipe should run between the drain pan and the exterior - or possibly to an inside drain. Check that pipe end to end for a clog. If you do find a clog, and clear it, you may very well have solved your problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: