self installing ducless split mini cooling system, need pointers

Old 07-20-12, 11:15 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
self installing ducless split mini cooling system, need pointers

OK, so I got this 3 piece split mini Mitsubishi system new but incomplete. I need the tubing to connect the outside to the inside unit. Cooling my garage workshop room. Where is the on line instructions for this? Do I make the tubing up myself or get a "kit" in a specified length?

Old 07-20-12, 11:45 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Contrary to what the websites state the installation of a mini-split is NOT a DIY project. Yes, you can mount the components and run the wiring and tubing but you cannot do the refrigerant work UNLESS you possess the EPA certificate for working on refrigeration systems.

Old 08-11-12, 06:33 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am unsure of what system you are putting in, but some of these are "pre charged" and are meant to be coupled with "pre charged" line sets. The linesets are punctured when tightened into the fittings, opening and completing the freon circuits. You should contact your supplier to ascertain whether this is the case for your equipment. If it is, then you measure the distance from your indoor unit along the necessary route to the outdoor unit and then order the correct length of "pre charged" copper lines. You should also ask them for installation instructions if you do not have any. If you have a system that is not set up this way, the copper line sets will have to be silver soldered in place, vacuum pumped and the system charged.......something you should have a pro do if you are not experienced with this and lack the proper equipment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: