re-routing heat register (and duct)

Old 09-08-12, 07:34 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
re-routing heat register (and duct)

In plans to redo my kitchen- I have en existing heat/cool register (supply) that will need to be relocated to accomodate the new floor plan... unfortunately- my options are limited...... Kitchen is on a slab for one- the current register is at bottom of kitchen wall with nothing in front. There will be cabinets going against that wall as well as the refrigerator (in new plan)- Looks like the register will fall directly behind the fridge..... Can I relocate the register by moving it one bay over?? this would put it behind the cabinets and I can run thru toe kick? Can I go directly through the 2x4 over to the next bay? I know it's probably a hack job- but I have no other options...... i can try to go up the wall thru ceiling but there are a number of obstacles there as well......

Old 09-08-12, 08:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 901 Votes on 827 Posts
Is the duct supplying this register in the wall or in the floor? If its in the floor, i'd demo a hole in the floor and move it over, running it out the toekick.

Old 09-09-12, 06:36 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think most cabinets have dead spaces that are about 4" tall. Maybe you can use a low profile duct with an elbow to move over the register?

You can then install a 2- or 3" tow kick register cover.

Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: