No air blowing from our master bathroom vent

Old 09-18-12, 06:29 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No air blowing from our master bathroom vent

I'd appreciate any help you all can provide with this issue. Our central air unit blows air properly to all rooms of my home, except one - my master bath. I've ensured that the vents are open. I've put my hand up to the vent and ensured that there is NO air blowing when the AC is on. Needless to say, our master bathroom gets really humid & hot, especially after a shower in the summer!

I'm not exactly a handyman, but am hoping this is an easy fix that I can do myself without having to pay someone to come out.

Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Old 09-18-12, 06:39 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,273 Upvotes on 1,213 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Always been this way or did you used to get airflow to that vent? Can you get airflow through this vent if you close others in the house (test only, don't leave it that way for any length of time)?

Old 09-18-12, 06:42 AM
D
Thank you Mitch for the quick response. Our home is about 6 years old. We moved in about 3 years ago, and it has been like that since. I have tried closing other vents in the house to see if it would cause air to blow in our bathroom, but had no luck. I will certainly try it again, if you think it would help. I guess my thought was that I would at least feel a small bit of air coming through the problematic vent, but I feel nothing.

Old 09-18-12, 06:47 AM
S
Group Moderator
If you had a blockage, I would expect nothing to get air through this vent. If the airflow in your house is inadequate, I would expect you to be able to get air through it by closing other vents.

Old 09-18-12, 02:56 PM
D
Thanks Mitch - forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know an easy way for me to check for blockage?

Old 09-19-12, 07:08 AM
S
Group Moderator
Snake a camera down there

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: