floor vent boot that has a filter and dirt trap?

Old 12-02-12, 10:24 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
floor vent boot that has a filter and dirt trap?

do they make a floor vent boot that has a filter and dirt trap for the return end and out end just having a dirt trap to keep dirt out of the ducting? if you know of any please send a product link.

Old 12-02-12, 11:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Few returns are in the floor, although it happens. Do you have a picture of your set up so we can see what you are talking about? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 12-02-12, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
how big is the register?

Old 12-02-12, 11:17 AM
T
i currently do not have the system installed. this will be a new system installation that will use hydronic forced air and will be zoned. so i do not have the pics. still in the planning stages.

Old 12-02-12, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you are in the planning stages... First thing I would do is to HIRE a pro. If a HVAC system is not installed properly you will be very disappointed with how it heats or cools. A filter rack should be installed in the return ducting. I would use a 4" filter rack.

Old 12-02-12, 12:24 PM
T
i did find an hvac contractor who will work with me on this and will do the work in fragments but i still am trying to find a vent boot with trap. if not ill have the guy install speediboot with those under the register filters.

Old 12-02-12, 12:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I think your area of "return" will be large, possibly too large to aesthetically put it in the floor. Is a wall return out of the question?

Old 12-02-12, 12:54 PM
T
here is the link to the hydro duct fan coil that i will most likely be using. cutting at the bottom of the studs to run up a wall return vent worry's me since i fear it weakening the house structure.

http://www.turbonicsinc.com/HYDRO-DUCT-APPLICATIONS.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: