need a reducer for an odd shaped duct 4.125 x 13.375

Old 07-11-13, 04:26 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation need a reducer for an odd shaped duct 4.125 x 13.375

Our house was built in 1954 and has odd sized ducts for both the stacked duct for kitchen exhaust as well as the register exhausts.

The exhaust duct measures 4.125 x 13.375, but there is no off-the-shelf reducer for this size. It needs to fit a 6" exhaust fan.

The registers are 14.125 x 2.375, and I need to cap one and put a 90 return on the other - also an odd size that I can't find.

Any suggestions? Any way I can DIY something?


Old 07-11-13, 09:08 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 70,130
Received 2,965 Votes on 2,675 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I run into odd sizes from time to time also. I employ the services of a local tin knocker.

I just call them up and it gets built pretty quickly.

Check your yellow pages for ductwork.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: