I have a return vent in the laundry room where the furnace is located...

Old 03-05-14, 10:47 PM
I have a return vent in the laundry room where the furnace is located...

I have a return vent in the laundry room where the furnace is located. That room is separate from the finished basement portion. In the finished basement portion I have two air register on the ceiling. There is no door there. You can just go upstairs. So you basically when I want to go downstairs to go down to the finished basement I don't have to open no door when I get to the bottom of the stairs. And the main return vent is about 7-9 feet away from the stairs.

My question is, should I keep that return vent that is in the laundry room open or closed? And by the way, I do have a air register in the laundry room.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-14, 11:06 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 37
So there are other return vents in the basement?

Old 03-06-14, 11:26 AM
In the laundry room where the furnace is there is a return vent and a air register. If you leave the laundry room, you will walk into the finished basement. There is a door that separates the laundry room from the finished basement. In the finished basement there is two air registers on the ceiling. And when you walk upstairs, you can see the main return vent. There is no door that separates the finished basemen from upstairs.

Old 03-07-14, 10:32 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 37
OK, so there are no other return vents in the basement?