magnetic surge protector

Old 09-21-14, 06:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
magnetic surge protector

my carrier has a genteq x13 motor. it says on it it has a magnetic surge protector is an automatic. its a 2010 motor so I believe it's under warranty but is there something basic I can do to get it to run without having to call a teck out. it's getting power to the fan hi and low voltage check out fine

Old 09-22-14, 08:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 12 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Since you have power up to the blower motor it appears the electronic module for the blower is bad. There is nothing you can do to get it to run temporarily. Since it is under warranty the best thing to do is to have it replaced. If it is not under warranty, a lot of people have had great success replacing the thermistor in the control module. The thermistor is cheap and anyone with basic soldering skills can replace it. The blower motor modules don't always fail because of this thermistor but it often does. Once the module is removed for inspection of the electronics it is apparent if it is indeed the thermistor as there will be a burned mark on the underside of the circuit board or the thermistor is obviously damaged.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: