Dual Bath Fan

Old 06-06-15, 02:08 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dual Bath Fan

A while ago I had bought a bath van/light/heater combo. Didn't vent as I expected ,even though I used a 4 inch duct. To boot,I need a dedicated circuit for the whopping 1500 watt heater. I didnn't know much about electrical(thanks to that purchase I do). Had it installed for a while,and decided to finally return it with a big hole in my ceiling. I was looking at high cfm fans upwards of 300 just to satisfy my needs,but I did not feel like having a 12 inch hole in my roof nor did I feel like purchasing additional items just to complete the task.High cfm fans alone are usually above 100 bucks. So instead,I thought about dual fans,in which I installed.two 90 cfm fans with individual 4 inch ducts. Still came out cheaper than the original I had and cheaper than a bigger more powerful cfm fan. They were 37 bucks each,plus one more duct kit(22 bucks) I had the stuff already from the original install. Works awesome btw, just like twin turbos in a car. Used a 3 rocker switch so I can use one or both fans. I thought about doing 3 ,but 2 works great and I couldn't be happier.

Old 06-06-15, 02:30 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Hi wellshii,
Since I didn't see a question I'll take the liberty to comment after the fact. Having the fan run longer is more important than moving more air. In fact, you should check to be sure you have sufficient air coming from the rest of the house, the undercut of the bathroom door or other provision.

They make switches with a delayed off to allow you to exit the bathroom and the fan will continue to run for w preset time. But turbos are not terrible

Bud

Old 06-06-15, 02:42 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello,
yea I saw those,outta get one. I leave it on for a minutes to to pull that moisture out. Yes,turbos are great

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: