Shifting/Moving basement Ductwork

Old 11-07-15, 02:31 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shifting/Moving basement Ductwork

I'm hoping to finally get started on my basement project, and am really hoping to be able to move/shift 2 pieces of ductwork essentially 1 ceiling rafter over but still be able to keep the vents where there are leading up.

If you look at the below, I was hoping to be able to move those two "U turns" further back into the basement, and then connect to the vent in the ceiling/floor with some sort of 'flat' vent?

I'm probably not using the right terminology here. But I attached the below pic to give an idea. These 2 soffits are sorta of in the middle of room, and would be a major eye sore in having to box them right in the middle.

Edit.

I can't seem to get an image to attach or post. But I uploaded what I'm referring to on tiypic here:

http:// i68.tinypic dot com / 30wphrs.jpg

Last edited by ptmuldoon; 11-07-15 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-07-15, 04:27 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
This forum does not allow tinypic. You need to either directly upload the pictures to the forum or use a better hosting site such as imgur or photobucket.

And, you don't have rafters in the basement. I'm sure you mean floor or ceiling joists.

Old 11-07-15, 05:38 PM
P
Thanks for the image tip.

I uploaded it to photobucket and as you can see below, I'm hoping to move those two elbows back further into the basement if possible, and then connect into the vents with some other connection.

Is something like that achievable?

Old 11-09-15, 12:51 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Thats awful! Best would be to get them in the same bay. But sure if you want to move it back thats fine.

Old 11-09-15, 05:54 PM
P
Thanks

I think I just need to find/locate the correct type of register, ie, 90 degree, etc that can run straight down the next to the joists when I try and move it. One of the issues is that behind that steel beam is where the furnace is and its pretty tight back there with the plumbing and water lines too.

I think I can move the elbow back to just in front of that steel beam, but would love to of course get it completely out of the way if possible.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: