Need source for duct board!

Old 06-29-17, 01:09 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need source for duct board!

In my house there is a takeoff from the main trunk line right next to the end cap at both ends of the trunk. I was told by an HVAC pro that I should either move the takeoff 12-18" from the endcap or add 12-18" of trunk line to either end to accomplish the same thing. Moving the takeoffs further down the trunk would be much more involved than just adding a small section at the ends of the trunk line.

The problem I am having is that I can't seem to find anywhere that sells duct board in decently-sized sheets. And add to that the fact that most HVAC supply houses only sell to contractors.

My trunk lines are made with Owens-Corning 475-FRK. The only place I can find that sells it or something similar locally is Johnstone which only sells to licensed technicians.

Grainger sells Johns Manville duct board but from looking online it seems to only come in 24" x 48" sheets which would not give me enough material to fold into what I need.

Lowes and Home Depot both have a large selection of ducting parts but neither sell duct board.

Where can I buy this stuff?

Old 06-29-17, 03:39 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nevermind. Found a locally-owned HVAC supply company that will sell ductwork and non-equipment parts to the general public.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: