Moving floor vent to wall

Old 12-10-17, 09:45 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Moving floor vent to wall

Remodeling our guest bathroom. Very small size ~ 8 ft by 3 ft. Toilet on one end, sink on the other. Door in the middle of one long wall and you walk in between the toilet and sink.
Originally it had a floor vent (2x14 I believe) opposite the door, very close against the other wall. Since there isn't much floor there anyways I've been thinking about coming up through a stud bay opposite the door and then 90 degree-ing it into a vent a couple inches above the baseboard. All interior walls.

Any things I should be aware of? Bad idea? Purely preference? Room isn't big enough for me to worry about circulation coverage.

Old 12-10-17, 10:34 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
It will require you to open the floor and part of the wall as you will need to cut out the sole plate.

Old 12-10-17, 10:43 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Haha yeah. Maybe I should elaborate on the 'remodel' part. What started as a simple replace the wobbly toilet led to the wife wanting to replace the tile which led to finding water damaged subfloor under the toilet and sink. So right now there's no drywall (decided to correct some very poorly done previous-remodel wiring and plumbing) or subfloor in there.

Any other concerns?

And thanks - much better title.

Old 12-10-17, 10:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
No concerns. Wasn't sure if you knew there was some heavy cutting involved as the floor is not open to the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: