Glass Block Dryer Vent

Old 10-04-18, 10:59 AM
Glass Block Dryer Vent

Help! The louvers on my glass block dryer vent have broken and I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to replace them. I can't seem to find anything online to order as a replacement. I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to remove the whole block just to replace the vent. It has screws on it, so it looks replaceable, but I don't know how to find a replacement. I've attached a photo for visual reference. Thanks for any and all help!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-18, 01:08 PM
Group Moderator
If it's a 4" vent I think I would try buying a 3 louver vent and just trim it to fit. Nothing special about it.

Old 10-04-18, 05:24 PM
I bet if you take the screws out of the vent it will just come apart and you can replace!

Old 10-04-18, 05:34 PM
Group Moderator
It looks like that cover may have been cut to fit there. The generic replacement cover uses four screws in the corners which may or may not work for you. They do actually make vent caps just for glass blocks. I see a whole kit available but not a replacement cover.

It would probably be best to remove it and take it to a home center. The Lowes link below shows what they have.

Lowes vent caps
Actual glass block vent

Old 10-08-18, 08:19 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies! I was able to remove the vent, purchase a new 3 louver vent, Dremel the top and bottom part of it off a little bit and it fit beautifully! The guy at the hardware store told me I would have to replace the whole glass block and I just couldn't believe that was necessary.

Old 10-08-18, 08:21 AM
The guy at the hardware store told me I would have to replace the whole glass block
Let me guess, one of the big box stores?