Which height should this HVAC pipe be installed?

Old 11-18-18, 12:53 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Which height should this HVAC pipe be installed?

Dear planners, builders, enthusiasts,

I hope you can answer a question for a music room I am building.

First, it is going to be my music and voice recording room, 35m2, 2,6m high.
Now I am about to install the HVAC / ventilation system / heat exchanger, that I luckily got very cheap. It is able to move 600m3/h (with heat exchange!), although I will never have it run more than 50%.

I am building it all by myself, so I cant afford a HVAC planner. The way the studio is planned, there is gonna be a huge bass absorber in the front, and one in the back. All around the absorbers I leave a 10cm air gap in every direction, so air can float around them, because most of the walls are outer walls.

The to-air pipe goes all along from left to right behind the back absorber, with air outlets every meter, so the air will evenly spread behind the back absorber.
The exhaust air is going to be led out all along from left to right behind the front absorber, right under the ceiling.

My question is: Which height is best for the pipe behind the back absorber? Should I put it on the floor, so the air stream is diagonal? Or in the middle at 1.20m high? or under the ceiling as well, so the slightly colder air will fall down?

thank you alot in advance,
best
Marcus

Old 11-19-18, 04:57 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
The higher the better if its only for heat. You are going to need to build sound attenuators in all the duct. Your room needs to be a room build in a room. nothing touches the main structure.

Old 11-19-18, 11:13 AM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Airman, not meaning to doubt you, but wouldn't a low register location be better for heat? Seems like a high location would be best for air conditioning...
Andy

Old 11-20-18, 07:04 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Andrew yes very confusing. Air would be best to blow across the floor. 2nd best to be blown down from ceiling. Worst options to be blown across ceiling and up from floor. Good Catch.

Old 11-21-18, 12:53 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ah, interesting, thanks!

so I could have it at around ceiling height, distance 10cm to ceiling and wall, and let it blow down.

but as the pipe is 16cm diameter and wont touch the wall, and the airgap is only 10cm, the pipe will be almost completely immersed by hte bass absorber. that means the outlets blow more towards the wall than actual down. is that ok?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: