mobilhome duct work

Old 08-19-19, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mobilhome duct work

no air flow to far vent plenty airflow thru other vents looking for reasons for blocked duct

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-19, 06:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 118 Votes on 105 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Maybe something fell in the duct work ?? Have you checked under the trailer?

Old 08-19-19, 06:45 AM
Received 55 Votes on 50 Posts
Welcome! There are others here with a lot more HVAC knowledge, but I can tell you where I would start. First off, thinking of a possible blockage, I would remove a vent before that one and try running a fish tape, or, if no fish tape, a tape measure through it and see if you run into anything. Or you might try reaching a mirror in there and see what you can see. You'll need a flashlight as well, and it works better to put the light in the duct, shining in the direction you're looking, rather than shining the light onto the mirror. If you don't find a blockage, keep in mind that the air is going to take the path of least resistance, so it could be that you don't have enough umph behind it. Has your system been maintained? Filter(s) in good shape? If yes, I would try closing as many of the other vents as possible and see if air reaches the far one. It's not uncommon to have a situation where you need to throttle back some of the vents closest to the source in order to get air to the farthest ones. I would also go underneath the unit and inspect the ducts to make sure that they are not damaged and that you're not loosing some of your air under there.