Fresh air changers

Old 11-11-19, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fresh air changers

Any ideas to help is appreciated.

I live in an apartment. Pressure causes the air from the hall to flow into the apt from around the edges of the front door. (If I open windows, this reverses). I am told it has something to do with fire safety. The air from strong cleaning products is pushed from the hall into apartments by this pressure. I am very perfume sensitive with asthma.

To try to solve this I put a soft draft block under the steel front door bottom. And will put foam strips on the door jam around the sides and top of the door. If no light shines through, there should be no air flow in.

Question, to ensure enough fresh air, can I have installed some air exchange device? The heating/cooling system is an old heat pump inside the the apt. I am told I cannot have anything that affects that as there is no duct. (Dehumidifiers can be attached using the water piping of the pump). There is an air duct to the outside for the clothes dryer. There is a bathroom fan for exhausting humid air.

Right now, I am opening the windows for maybe a half hour twice a day for fresh air flow.

Sponsored Links