Adding Air Flow for Whole House Fan

Old 07-08-20, 10:52 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding Air Flow for Whole House Fan

I just installed a whole house fan. I would like to pull air from a bathroom on the other side of the master bedroom. There is one window in the bathroom, a glass block window that does not open. I realize I can replace that with one that has an opening section. I can also add a small slider, but supporting the top plate during installation on the load bearing wall will be an issue because of a whirlpool tub. I can also put a vertical window in one stud bay. Are there any other ideas I am missing for getting outside air into the bathroom ? Doesn't need to be much.
Thank You

Old 07-08-20, 12:00 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 750 Votes on 689 Posts
You don't have to have a window. You can use an air vent. They are easily installed between stud bays. I will caution though you are putting a hole through the insulated perimeter of the home. Some vents have dampers but they don't seal well and are not insulated. You may need an insulated cover for it or there may be cold drafts in winter. Personally I would not do it and would have air enter the home through an existing, opening window.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: