Supply in bathroom? Yay or nay?

Old 01-13-21, 10:12 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Supply in bathroom? Yay or nay?

I'm in the process of finishing our basement of our 3 year old home. I have completed all of the duct work in the basement, but wanted to get some opinions on a heat supply for the bathroom. The basement is 1/2 below grade and holds temperature really well at this point in time (side note: we live in Minnesota so it gets cold in the Winter). The bathroom is your average 6'x8'ish bathroom. It's in the middle of the home 16'ish away from any exterior walls. Should I install a heat supply? It would be a tight fit, but I could run 8' of flex duct over to that area. Also, with the exhaust fan in the ceiling, where is the appropriate place to put this supply? All the other supplies in my basement are high and returns are low. Thank you!

Old 01-13-21, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
Low in the wall would be a good choice if there is a place to put it.... otherwise put it on the ceiling away from the exhaust fan.

Since you have an exhaust fan in that bathroom.... the door should have some clearance under it to allow for some airflow. So no return is needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: