I hate dust! Ready to clean my air ducts again!

Old 02-04-22, 07:16 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I hate dust! Ready to clean my air ducts again!

I had my ducts professionally cleaned about two years ago. They got a lot of dog hair, and just yucky stuff out. However, they didn't do the gas furnace motor/fan.
I had another company do the furnace a while later.
I think dust collects more often than it should. It even collects on my eyeglasses!
Doesn't everyone agree another proper, professional duct cleaning (and check/clean furnace parts) will cut down on dust?
I can't reach my ceiling vents to look inside easily. I may try to move some furniture and get a ladder in here to peak inside a few with a flashlight before I make my final decision.

Thanks for any input!

Top Answer

02-04-22, 07:40 AM
Tolyn Ironhand
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I have seen many ducts that have been around for a long time and while there is dust in them that dust is stuck there and does not move unless there is something that disrupts the dust. The ducts do not create dust. They just transport it from the air in the house.

IMO you are better off using a good filter on your HVAC equipment and changing it frequently. The dust that is floating inside the house and airborne. It will pass through the ducts and get trapped by the filter.

Old 02-04-22, 07:38 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Your ducts are collecting dust at the same rate as everything else in the house.

Not much you can do to eliminate it since it's coming in from the outdoors as well as being created within the house.

Personally I think all that air duct cleaning is a waste of money!

foreverkeeps, Kooter voted this post useful.
Old 02-04-22, 07:40 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I have seen many ducts that have been around for a long time and while there is dust in them that dust is stuck there and does not move unless there is something that disrupts the dust. The ducts do not create dust. They just transport it from the air in the house.

IMO you are better off using a good filter on your HVAC equipment and changing it frequently. The dust that is floating inside the house and airborne. It will pass through the ducts and get trapped by the filter.

2john02458, foreverkeeps, Kooter voted this post useful.
Old 02-04-22, 09:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Do you regularly pull out your fridge, stove, dishwasher, clothes washer & dryer to dust the floor under them? It's a very similar situation as the air ducts. I also do not believe in duct cleaning. Everything in the ducts came from the house and if the dust is in the ducts then it's not getting blown back into the house. So, let it be and go on with life.

foreverkeeps voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: