Double Wide mobile home duct work question.

Old 10-09-22, 07:03 AM
U
Received 4 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Double Wide mobile home duct work question.

Hello, I have a 1993 double wide mobile home. I believe some part of my ductwork has been compromised somehow as I only have heat coming out of one side of the trailer vents. When I crawled under the trailer it is very difficult to see any ductwork as there is some kind of like black fabric with insulation above it covering almost everything. Any ideas what I should do? I called around and none of the HVAC companies will even mess with it? Ideas? Thanks!

Old 10-10-22, 09:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 83 Upvotes on 76 Posts
I would remove the first grill from the heating unit that isn't putting out heat and stick my camera in there to snap some pictures.

If you see a restriction that you can fish out of the duct you might have heat again.

Old 10-18-22, 07:43 PM
Received 17 Upvotes on 16 Posts
There's probably a jumper duct (connects both duct runs of double wide together) that came loose. You may have to crawl further in to see it. Most likely a piece of flex duct.

Old 10-18-22, 08:12 PM
U
Received 4 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I crawled under there and that's exactly what it was. The crossover insulated flex pipe was unhooked and beat up. I just bought a new flex pipe and everything seems to be good so far. I have heat coming out of all the registers. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: