Anyone recognize this fan? Whole House / Attic / Ceiling

Old 06-28-23, 11:16 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anyone recognize this fan? Whole House / Attic / Ceiling

Wanting to replace the belt on this fan. Not sure if the old one is correct or if it's just stretched beyond adjustment. I took a few pics hoping to find a model number while I was there last week but none of the entire fan. Belt itself didn't have any numbers on it. Would have taken some more pics if I thought I'd be posting this question online but this is all I have for now until we go back next week. It's in an older home we are moving in to soon in SC. Looking for the belt and replacement procedure. Looks like I may need to remove the fan from the shaft or shaft from the mount or ? The belt is too small to go over the blade. Thanks

Old 06-28-23, 11:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,319 Upvotes on 2,064 Posts
Loosen the bolts holding the motor and slide it to remove tension on the belt. Then take the belt to a auto parts store and tell them you want one a inch or two shorter.

Old 06-28-23, 12:43 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pilot Dane,
I loosened the bolts to slide the motor (pics 2 and 4) and put more tension on the belt. It helped but not enough. When I slide the motor in the opposite direction, I can take the belt off the motor pulley but still can not remove the belt. The belt is too short to go forwards over the fan blade to remove. The fan pulley (pic 1) is the round disc that the blades mount to. It's not a separate typical "V" groove pulley. Behind that is the tubular frame and mounting plate for the shaft assembly. Unless I'm missing something, I'm thinking the easiest way to remove the belt might be to remove the two bearing mounts attached to the frame plate and get the belt out from the rear.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: