How To Remove Metal Duct From Master (And capping it)

Old 06-06-24, 01:41 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How To Remove Metal Duct From Master (And capping it)

What is the right way to remove a duct that I believe is no longer needed, and then how should the hole in the master be capped?

For context, this duct led up to a kitchen vent. However, following a kitchen reno, that vent was removed and now this duct essentially just goes right to an unfinished basement wall. It's connected to a master duct that also flows air to a 2nd floor bedroom, which I'm trying to improve airflow to. I believe removing this other duct will help flow air more quickly to the 2nd floor bedroom.

Here are pictures of the duct in question and showing how it flows directly in to a basement wall. https://imgur.com/a/N30tpuD

I must not be googling correctly because I can't get any helpful videos on YouTube.

Old 06-06-24, 01:48 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,319 Upvotes on 2,064 Posts
Remove the tape so you can remove any screws holding the duct together. Then remove it. If the piece attached to the trunk doesn't come right out or doesn't have screws holding it in place reach your hand inside to see if there are metal tabs to straighten and release the fitting.

malerba3000 voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: