Kenmore Country Kitchen info

Old 01-08-03, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Country Kitchen info

Hey folks. Any info on a Kenmore Country kitchen range? Looks like a coal/wood stove, but is electric with warming box, exhaust fan, etc. Made in Canada model/serial number 143 6106601 569. Nice cast iron legs and other parts. Any ideas here on when these were made?

Tx

Old 01-08-03, 05:00 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Talking

Made in Canada model/serial number 143 6106601 569. Nice cast iron legs and other parts. Any ideas here on when these were made?
Howdy Boman!!

If that prefix is 143.#######...my codes say FISHER 143 ??

Looks like a coal/wood stove, but is electric with warming box, exhaust fan, etc
Sounds neat!!!!

Any other info on the model tag??

jeff.

Old 01-09-03, 02:37 AM
Hey ol' buddy. I will look again when I am not so rushed for more info on the tag. This thing is really neat. No knobs showing, they are hidden by a door. The surface elements are the only visible hint that it is electric. That number came off a tag in the top right cabinet where the exhaust fan is. This fan also provides heat to the warming oven. Hpe it is not a mixed-breed.
Found one similar to it on Ebay. The bid was up to $3995! Kinda hopoing to find some info on this one, such as age, etc.

Old 01-09-03, 04:04 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Question

Found one similar to it on Ebay.
Can you point us to it....couldn't find one at that price.

jeff.

Old 01-10-03, 03:32 AM
I'll see if I can find it again. It may have sold. The last time I was there (yesterday or the day before), I could not find it.

Old 01-10-03, 03:55 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=364&item=934483819

Shoot folks, it may not have been on Ebay. It is very similar to the one at the above addy but with more carving in the cast legs and along the top. It has time bake and all that. I assume it is not real real old. I may have just typed in antique stove and found it somewhere else. Maybe I should try range.

Old 01-10-03, 04:03 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

G'day Rick,

Have you taken a picture of this range yet?? So we all can see it

Maybe a place like this can offer some info?.....

http://www.antiqueappliances.com/stovearchives.htm

jeff.

loganphill.06 voted this post useful.
Old 01-13-03, 03:49 AM
Hi Jeff. Sorry about the slow replies here, we've been kinda busy around here with the store, and I have not had much time for my appliances lately. I hope to get some pics soon and send them to you. Maybe you can post them here. As far as I know I cannot post pics here.

Tx

Old 01-13-03, 03:17 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I hope to get some pics soon and send them to you.
Please do!!

we've been kinda busy around here with the store
That is good....right!??!

jeff.

Old 07-09-03, 03:30 AM
Hey Jeff. Finally took some pics of this range. Now if I can find the cam. Someone moved it on me. If I can get the pics on the puter, I will send them to you. Hope the lighting was good enough in the store. What can you tell me about the Fisher brand? Old company, still in business> Never heard of it.

May be concentrating more on appliances in the near future. The economy does not seem to want to support the antique business here.

Old 07-09-03, 04:22 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

If I can get the pics on the puter, I will send them to you
Great!!

What can you tell me about the Fisher brand?
Not much

Is there an address or anything on the model/serial tag tha tyou could write to or check into?

May be concentrating more on appliances in the near future. The economy does not seem to want to support the antique business here.
Is that good for you??

jeff.

Old 07-11-03, 12:05 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Fisher is part of Sanyo. They make stereos and cabinets .

I don't think it's them.

Source code 143 is also Tecumseh (a company that makes small engines).

Are you sure the model # starts with 143? .

Old 07-11-03, 03:17 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

G'day Joe,

Some of the 143.######## stuff ( hoods and such ) from Sears....

143.6106800 SEARS COUNTRY KITCHEN
143.6106810 SEARS COUNTRY KITCHEN
143.6106801 SEARS COUNTRY KITCHEN
143.6106811 SEARS COUNTRY KITCHEN

Maybe that model# is part of the range/cooking center, and there is other #'s elsewhere??

jeff.

Old 07-13-03, 04:26 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Some Sears source codes are "recycled", others dead .

For instance I bought a "397" prefix small bench grinder off of Ebay, but no one owns up to it being theirs . Yet on Sears' website, a lot of parts are still available for it. LOL.

I found some "257" prefix machines that are close. 257 is Paramount/Poulan who makes string trimmers and chain saws.

When I called Sears, the # they gave me for their bench grinder people wound up being a 900 # where you had to be 18 to use it

Think they have an error in their records?

Old 07-13-03, 08:14 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

When I called Sears, the # they gave me for their bench grinder people wound up being a 900 # where you had to be 18 to use it
Ooops - yikes!!

Think they have an error in their records?
Maybe the employee gave you one of there personal #'s instead of the stores #'s ???

Some Sears source codes are "recycled", others dead
With so many companies going out of bizz or being taken over by other campanies it must be difficult for them (Sears) to keep up!!

jeff.

Old 07-14-03, 06:05 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

A bit rough pics....

Neat looking unit!!

jeff.

Old 07-14-03, 08:22 PM
A bit rough pics

Heheh, I have to agree. I just happened to have my camera with me at the store and thought, "What the heck?" Very little consideration for lighting, etc..

Ever seen one of these? I will try to think and check the numbers again. From some of the replies, maybe it is not a mixed breed after all. May put this thing on one of the vintage stove sale sights. I know I seen one close to it somewhere for several bucks. It is a very interesting unit. Wish I had went ahead and taken pics of the legs. Just glad I finally got the pics sent. Now if I can just remember how I did that.

Old 07-14-03, 08:42 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

G'evening....

Ever seen one of these? I will try to think and check the numbers again. From some of the replies, maybe it is not a mixed breed after all. May put this thing on one of the vintage stove sale sights
http://www.elmirastoveworks.com/

http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/

http://www.antiquestoveassoc.org/

http://www.classicappliances.com/

Just glad I finally got the pics sent. Now if I can just remember how I did that
LOL!!

jeff.

Old 07-14-03, 10:23 PM
My old boss from my last job had something liek that.. I don't recall if he did it or had someone ridge it up..

He said it was an old wood burning unit, and had it changed over to electric.. Blends well with the whole house.. he has alot of nice old furnature in the house! Even the Boiler!!! I told him it gotta go! But he won't give it up... oh well his $$$$ going up the flue!

Old 07-15-03, 03:15 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

I told him it gotta go! But he won't give it up... oh well his $$$$ going up the flue!
He went with "looks" over "economics" eh?

jeff.

Old 07-15-03, 03:55 AM
Jay, you'd be surprised how many people see this and do not notice it is all electric. Then some think it must have been converted. The best I can tell, it is not a conversion. It has some cast iron pieces to it, but the oven and the warmers are sheet metal. It would go real well with house set up in vintage decor. Give the look of an old wood burning cook stove without the wood hauling. When I seen it, I thought it was interesting. If for nothing else, to kinda set and old time ambiance to the store. Kind of keeps some people in the store a little while longer as they discuss it and talk about how they, their parents, or their grandmas had a stove like that until they are told or realize it is electric. A selector switch and rewiring to the broil element and it is ready to use.
Anyway, it is something you do se every day.

Jeff? Thanks for the links. This puter I am using does not have my fav's list, and they will save me some time looking some the sites up where I may find some info.

Old 07-15-03, 01:59 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

Jeff? Thanks for the links.
Your welcome!!

If I find more I'll post them....

jeff.

Old 09-23-03, 03:39 PM
If you will note, there is a hole in the last pic of this stove. It is where the selector switch goes. The switch looks as though it only has two terminals. I hate to admit it, but I do not know how to wire the selector switch in. Help?

P.S. Electrolysis ( in the backyard) and very little brushing did wonders on the rust on the top piece in the first pic. Black and shiney now .

Old 09-23-03, 05:06 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Talking

Electrolysis ( in the backyard) and very little brushing did wonders on the rust on the top piece in the first pic. Black and shiney now
Letting Mother Nature do your work....nice job!!

The switch looks as though it only has two terminals. I hate to admit it, but I do not know how to wire the selector switch in. Help?
Selector switch for? Only two wires, are they still there? I take it there is no wire diagram for the unit?
?Light? switch??

jeff.

Old 09-23-03, 06:15 PM
Letting Mother Nature do your work....nice job
Plus Arm and Hammer wash detergent ( baking soda ), water battery charger and a little stainless steel. High tech redneck here .

The switch was laying in the stove when I found it. No wires on it, just two terminals.

This stove does have timed bake. Maybe a previous owner snipped the wires on the clock and I can get a clue there.

Diagram long gone .

It doe shave an indicator light, not sure about an oven light .

Old 09-23-03, 07:04 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Plus Arm and Hammer wash detergent ( baking soda ), water battery charger and a little stainless steel. High tech redneck he

The switch was laying in the stove when I found it. No wires on it, just two terminals.
Ohm it...just an on and off switch?

This stove does have timed bake. Maybe a previous owner snipped the wires on the clock and I can get a clue there
Good enough place to start.
Most "selector" switchs will have more than 2 wires.

jeff.

Old 09-23-03, 08:57 PM
( baking soda )

Correction : I meant to say ( not baking soda ) I should have stressed Washing Detergent.

I thought I might ohm it and any might-be stubs where a terminal may have broken off. I was also thinking it should have more than two terminals for bake/broil functions. If this is the switch that was in the stove, looks like it would have to be more than on/off switch for two different functions.

Tx for reply

Old 09-24-03, 03:23 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

was also thinking it should have more than two terminals for bake/broil functions. If this is the switch that was in the stove, looks like it would have to be more than on/off switch for two different functions.
I tend to agree if it is a selector of some sort....at min 3 terminals....common in and two out terminals...kinda like V is common to the T&P here and switches/selects between the two exit terminals.

jeff.

Old 09-25-03, 04:53 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know I did find something on this thing by dropping the last 3 digits. I found this at this link here. Thanks to Applianceaid.com. It only shows the warming cupboard part and its parts though. Maybe I need to look at the bottom part closer and see if I can find some more numbers.

Last edited by jeff1; 09-25-03 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-25-03, 05:07 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

That's the closest pic/info that I could find as well when you first posted about this unique product

Ya more #'s.....lets try them all

jeff.

Old 09-28-03, 05:00 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Rick:

Another source for information is www.historyfactory.com

If that doesn't work look them up on google.com, as they are in VA.

They hold the archives for Sears. I can post (Jeff, I'll send it to you???) a photo of a '68 Craftsman mechanic's toolbox I found in the trash which I restored.

I called up the HF and gave them the information and they mailed me the catalog ad copies from the Sears book of 1968 !

Pretty cool stuff! I have documented many a vintage Sears item antique I own or have restored/came across this way.

Old 09-28-03, 05:45 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Joe_F

. I can post (Jeff, I'll send it to you???) a photo of a '68 Craftsman mechanic's toolbox I found in the trash which I restored.

I called up the HF and gave them the information and they mailed me the catalog ad copies from the Sears book of 1968 !

Pretty cool stuff! I have documented many a vintage Sears item antique I own or have restored/came across this way.
No need to mail me Joe....I sneaked into NY and grabed this pic....

jeff.

Old 09-29-03, 09:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

LOL I had the other one I did with the catalog ads though. LOL!

This one you have posted is a 1960 mechanic's toolbox combination from Sears. I FOUND a 1968 top box tossed out for trash one night while out for a walk.

That is also sitting restored in my garage with tools in it .

Old 09-29-03, 01:45 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Arrow

had the other one I did with the catalog ads though
I FOUND a 1968 top box tossed out for trash one night while out for a walk.
Send them along....you know the address
jeff.

Old 10-06-03, 10:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Jeff, I will.

Ok, here's another one for you. Yesterday on the way home from my grandfather's (same guy with the 1975 WLP/Kenmore we fixed a month ago---working great!) from cutting the lawn, I saw a 5 drawer Craftsman rollaway out for trash at the shop up the road from me.

Pulled over, popped the trunk on the '84 Oldsmobile Delta 88 I have and hauled it in. After degreasing, straightening and cleaning/polishing, I have a $100 item free that works pretty good for being in a pile a day before. LOL.

BTW: The '84 Oldsmobile I used to haul it was also destined for the scrapheap and was a freebie when I got it in 1996 .

Old 10-06-03, 02:42 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good deal Joe!!

Hope you don't do all your shopping that way

jeff.

Old 10-09-03, 10:44 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
LOL. It's getting so more things I find the better they are. It shocks me what people pitch.

BTW: The lawn mower used to cut the lawn at my grandfather's mentioned above is a recycle too. 1988 Sears from my neighbor's trash---he threw it out (jammed the starter cord), I was cutting my lawn with it that same night.

My grandfather is like, "What's this &(*(()?" I said, "Watch this". I fired it up and he said, "Geez, runs good, where did you get it?"

My answer, "Neighbor's garbage. Just unjammed the starter cord, did some TLC the machine and it's what you see in front of you now".

That was 1998........2003 and still going.

Jeff, I sent you those photos of the boxes. If you'd like you can post them here .

Old 10-09-03, 11:42 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Joe_F
LOL. It's getting so more things I find the better they are. It shocks me what people pitch.

Jeff, I sent you those photos of the boxes. If you'd like you can post them here .
Did you see this Joe....
http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...hreadid=146455

I got the pics....

jeff.

Old 10-10-03, 09:31 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol. Good one Jeff.

Yes, it's amazing what people pitch because JUST this morning, I got:

An Echo PB400E backpack blower
A new 110V air spray gun
Siphon pump.

Neighbors are moving across the street and discarding a ton of items. I figured, free is good. LOL.

Old 10-10-03, 03:33 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Smile

I figured, free is good.
LOL!! Can't get much cheaper than free....you scored again

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: