ice maker kitchenaid

Old 02-06-04, 02:44 PM
coastalrepair
Visiting Guest
ice maker kitchenaid

have kitchen aid side by side water will not come into icemaker. Is their a way to jump it into working or reset it?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-04, 05:39 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
A couple of simple ways to check:

If you have water and ice in the door you can switch the wires on the water inlet valve and then press the water lever on the front of the door and check if water is going into I/M

if it does you will need a new water valve
also remember to put wires back to original postion on valve

also check if the fill tube is frozen.

Old 02-06-04, 08:05 PM
coastalrepair
Visiting Guest
I think the tube might be frozen have switched wires and no water comes out. How do I thaw out the inlet tube without shutting the fridge down. Hairdryer?

Old 02-07-04, 05:08 AM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
Hi Coastalrepair,
Yes, a hairdryer will work, put it on warm setting hold away 6-8 inches from the rear of the I/M at the fill area , best to use blowdryer on a GFI circuit. just don't let water blow up into hair dryer. this will take some time.

good luck I think you will get it.

Old 02-07-04, 06:57 AM
If the fill tube is frozen up then chances are very good that the water valve isn't shutting off fully and allowing water to slowly run into the fill tube allowing it to build a ice dam. Thawing the tube is a fix, but not a cure to your problem.

Old 02-07-04, 06:42 PM
coastalrepair
Visiting Guest
Smile

Dryer worked. I will monitor the ice maker and if this occurs again I will consider replacing valve. Thanks for all the input. Great site for help maybe I can help somene in the future.