Refrigerator

Old 02-08-04, 09:34 PM
mikega
Visiting Guest
Refrigerator

MY FRIDGE IS LEAKING WATER A TON ONTO THE FLOOR . I CANT FIGURE WHERE IT IS COMING FROM. IT ISNT DROPPING INTO THE "TRAY" LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO. SEEMS TO BE LEAKING MUCH MORE THAN CONDENSATION. ANY IDEAS?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 06:27 AM
How about more info first. Make/model. Does this unit have a water and ice despenser in the door? Self defrost? Ice maker only if not water and ice in door?

Old 02-09-04, 08:43 PM
mikega
Visiting Guest
FRIDGE LEAK

NOT SURE OF THE MAKE OR MODEL IT IS AT A LAKE HOUSE AND DONT HAVE THIS INFO CURRENTY. IT IS A TOP FREEZER FRIDGE WITH ICEMAKER. I THINK I HAVE ISOLATED THE LEAK TO THE ICE MAKER. I NOTICE IF IT ISNT FILLING WITH WATER IT DOESNT SEEM TO LEAK. WHERE IS THE MOST TYPICAL AREA FOR AN ICE MAKER TO LEAK? I REPLACED IT MY SELF ONLY 2 YEARS AGO. THX FOR HELP

Old 02-10-04, 03:12 AM
Check to make sure the water line going up the back of the frig is still connected. Also take the panel off behind the frig at the bottom. Check for loose water line connection there or a damaged water valve. Your saying this is at a lake house. Any chance of the temps getting below freezing? Could be the valve got split.

Old 02-10-04, 06:19 AM
mikega
Visiting Guest
THX FOR THE IDEAS. YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE FROZEN IN THE HOUSE CAUSE I TURN THE ELECTRICITY OFF WHEN I AM NT THERE. I WILL CHECK FOT CRACKS ETC. WHERE IS THE VALVE NORMALLY? IS IT LOW ON THE BACK ON OUTSIDE.HIGH ON BACK ON OUTSIDE OR IN FREEZER BY ICEMAKER?

Old 02-10-04, 06:32 AM
When you take the panel off at the bottom rear of the frig you'll see it, yes, it's at the bottom of the frig. If you have problems finding it just follow the water line to it. They are easy to relace if needed.

Old 02-12-04, 09:18 PM
mikega
Visiting Guest
thx i will check it next time i am up there. it sure sounds like the problem