Kenmore range F1 beep

Old 02-09-04, 12:15 PM
mike_4758
Visiting Guest
Kenmore range F1 beep

Model C970-698082

It was displaying F1 and beeping, shortly after resetting it did the same, after unplugging and replugging it stopped for now. I believe its a frigidaire. Does anyone know the codes?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-04, 02:24 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Mike

Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Another possibility may be to search the manufacturers web site for a downloadable version of the owners or service manual. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe which also needs to be downloaded but worth having the Adobe once obtained.

Try the manufacturers web site for product code help.
Most appliances by Sears are Whirlpool.
http://whirlpool.com

Also the sears links here:
http://www.sears.com

Copy & repaste above addresses into browser)

Range/Stove Oven Fault Codes, (Common)

F0 or F1 or F5 - Failed Electronic Range Control (ERC) - Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock (ERC)
F1 - Analog to Digital Failure Disconnect for 30 seconds - if display re-appears - replace control
F1 - Safety flip flop - Replace component
F1 - Shorted keypad - Replace component
Display Condition Repair
F0 and F1 Failed Thermistor Control Replace ERC

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises. Business Management Service. Web Site Host, Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 02-09-04, 08:34 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
Hi Mike,
Did the F1 appear after a self cleaning,
F1 codes in my book shows defective ERC (electronic range control) could also be temp. sensor.

Old 02-09-04, 09:15 PM
mike_4758
Visiting Guest
It just had F1 out of the blue, I have a contract with Whirlpool and it does have the word FRIG on the control, that's why I assumed it was frigidaire. I have never seen an electronic system so elaborate. soft touch keypad and even the infinite control switches are electronic.