refrigerator light out

Old 02-16-04, 06:46 AM
Unhappy refrigerator light out

Kenmore refrigerator, model #106.9550710

The door was ajar when I returned from work. The food in the top was warm. When I opened the door originally, the light came on. I took a couple of items out and shut the door. I opened the door again and the light was out. I replaced the bulb. Still no light. Is there a fuse or something? The old bulb looked bad but the new one didn't fix it. Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-04, 07:13 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: cliff&kim

Before assuming there is any part defective or not functioning, check the wall plug. It may be in the wall socket but not fully. Pull it out and replug it back in.

Sounds odd to try this trick granted but it does happen especially if the appliance was recently moved forward to clean behind it.

There could be a defective part or a bad compressor etc but I am not a refrigerator repair person. Simply offering possible causes and logical solutions while the forum seeks an experienced moderator.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and dealers are listed in the phone book.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas, suggestions, test and or repair methods.

Old 02-17-04, 05:02 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
Hi,
A couple things you can check if you have a volt meter would be to test the socket itself for 110 vac. also checking at the door sw.

possibly the plunger is stuck in and possibly needs a new switch.