Washer Not Working

Old 02-16-04, 05:49 PM
VolnTitan
Visiting Guest
HELP!! Maytag Washer problem!

I have a Maytag Washer model LAT8504AAE. It has been working fine until awhile ago. It was filling up fine while my wife was putting clothes in it. She said the lid slipped out of her grasp and the lid banged down, but not overly hard or anything. Now it won't do anything...won't spin, agitate, fill, nothing. It is almost like it lost power all of a sudden. Is there a "fuse" on the washer or anything? Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-04, 06:49 PM
cajon ken
Visiting Guest
my guess is that you have done something to the lid switch. If it goes bad the only thing it will do is fill. No agitate, no spin. You may have just knocked the wires loose on the switch.

Old 02-16-04, 07:41 PM
VolnTitan
Visiting Guest
It isn't doing anything...filling, spinning, nothing. Like it doesn't have power to it, but I checked the fuse box.

Old 02-16-04, 08:09 PM
cajon ken
Visiting Guest
You dont have the washer plugged into a "GFCI" recepticle do you? Take a corded drill or a lamp or something and plug it in where the washer is plugged in to see if you have power there. If it is a GFCI recepticle make sure the "reset" button is pushed in.
You said the washer was filling when this happened. Is the water still in the tub? If not how did you get it out?

Old 02-16-04, 10:57 PM
VolnTitan
Visiting Guest
I plugged in a hair dryer in the outlet the washer is plugged into and it works. It is not a GFIC plug. Nothing happens with it. Even when you activate the timer, it doesn't make any noise like it is working either. It is like the washer is completely dead all of a sudden.

Old 02-17-04, 08:34 AM
VolnTitan
Visiting Guest
Any thoughts?

Old 02-17-04, 09:18 AM
VolnTitan
Visiting Guest
Ok...took the "knob" panel off the washer and noticed a fuse there that looked to be blown. Going to see if I can figure out what kind of fuse I need and replace it. Man, I hope that is it.