Leaky washing machine hook-up

Old 02-16-04, 10:41 PM
UnHandyJen
Visiting Guest
Leaky washing machine hook-up

Help! I just moved into a new place and I need help before my dirty clothes take over the house!

I hooked up my washer with no problem, I have brand new hoses on the washer. However, when I go to turn the water on at the faucet, it leaks at the actual faucet, not the hose. It does this on both faucets (hot and cold) so I can't even use the washer with one temp of water. It's frustrating, and I hate to bother the landlord with what is probably a quick fix. Is there something I can tighten or replace to make it work? I am the least handy person you'll ever meet, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-04, 12:34 AM
gowitheflo
Visiting Guest
Determine where the leak is coming from. If leak is from around a nut tighten it. If leak is from where the faucet connects to water line you'll have to remove hose from faucet and tighten faucet. Get a book on home repairs from your public library, book store or home improvement center.Get one with lots of pictures. The home improvement center will have people there who can usually answer your questions.