Frigidare dryer/How to put Belt on?

Old 02-18-04, 12:04 AM
Denise47
Visiting Guest
Question Frigidare dryer/How to put Belt on?

I am working on a Gallery Frigidaire Dryer--Model #FDE847GE Its reversable-(it runs two different ways)
Having problems putting belt back on dryer--dont know how to put on tensioner,around the pullys--can u help?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-04, 05:15 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Denise47 and Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

This machine may be unigue since it runs in two different directions. You'll like have to read the manufacturers online web site for product information, belt reassembly methods, repair procedures & pictorials. Possibly there is a downloadable repair manual which may be available. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe which also needs to be downloaded but worth having the Adobe once obtained.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and dealers are listed in the phone book.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas, suggestions, test and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. Filling in to help in this forum topic.
Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 02-18-04, 05:19 PM
cclshome
Visiting Guest
I don't know about your exact model, but I bought a GE dryer repair manual which has proven to be a good general reference for repairing other brands. It has photos and drawings of tensioners, belt routings, etc. It may be helpful for your model too, although it might not address your unit's reversible-direction design.

Title: Step-By-Step Dryer Repair Manual
ISBN: 0-931690-97-8
Pages: 101
My copy is old; I am sure there is a newer edition.

I bought mine at a local appliance sales and parts store. You can also search in Google for "GE step-by-step repair manual".

One warning not mentioned in my edition of the book: my replacement belt was ribbed on one side and smooth on the other, and the motor's drive pulley had mating ribs. The belt must be installed so that the ribs engage each other. (Of course, I installed mine wrong the first time and it just slipped.)

PS: GE makes an entire series of these books for refrigerators, ranges, etc. I bought them all and have made great use of them.

Good luck.

Old 02-19-04, 05:45 AM
Denise47
Visiting Guest
Frigidaire Dryer-How to Belt on

Thank you for replying to my question.
I still haven't found anything to help me, but found a 1-800 #
on the dryer - have not gotten threw to them yet. I am hoping this will give me the answer--I went to library and the only thing I could find was the one pulley. None had the reversable - with the 2 pulleys- the place where I had gotten the parts from wasn't familair with this type either.
The part is like a V shape-with the spring going across top--and the wheels on each side and is mounted with the motor shaft for belt in the middle \ . / I know how to put it over one pulley but not the 2 for this to be reversable. I have become dumbfounded on how the belt would be threaded threw...any thoughts on this would be helpfull.
thank you

Old 02-20-04, 06:56 AM
jimraelee
Visiting Guest
Talking dryer belt routing

Have you tried the library... funny thought but ive found lots of good info on lots of stuff at the library lately... mostly car related... but who knows....Ive always looked at the library as just books to read.. not any tech info.. (me thinking out loud) "Library hmm books... who would have thought could be so helpful"