Washer will not agitate

Old 02-23-04, 04:08 PM
Northsider
Visiting Guest
Washer will not agitate

I have a FRIGIDAIRE FLXE52RBS0 laundry center dryer stacked on top. Belt driven. The unit will spin and drain. On inital start the motor will just hum the tranny pulleybinds up. I can turn it by hand only in one direction. I feel that transmission is locked in place. I'm looking for directions to remove the tranny if it is neccessary. thanx in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-04, 02:24 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes Received: 5
Hello: Northsider. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If I understand the problem description, the tub is suppose to be locked up so the agitator is the only part in motion. If the tranny was not held in place, the agitator and the tub would be moving in the washing cycle.

Possible the nylon/plastic bushing between the tranny and the agitator is broken. If so, the gearbox needs to come out to replace the part.

Read the manufacturers online web site for problem causes, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, downloadable repair manuals which may be available online.

Another possibility may be to search the manufacturers web site for a downloadable version of the owners or service manual. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe, which also needs to be downloaded but worth having the Adobe once obtained.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and dealers are listed in the phone book.

Also read some of the recently asked questions on washers which do not agitate. Doing so will provide more helpful info.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas, suggestions, test and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck. (Helping out in this forum topic)
Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."