kitchen aide washer repair

Old 02-23-04, 07:07 PM
jcos16
Visiting Guest
kitchen aide washer repair

It thing I have a problem with the timer or the lid latch switch.
How can I trouble shhot them Thanks

Old 02-24-04, 01:05 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
whats it doing or not doing???

Old 02-24-04, 06:48 PM
jcos16
Visiting Guest
Kitchen aide washer repair

The washer stops after the agitate cycle. I can move the dial around and get it to go back on but it stops again. The lid switch looks rusted and coroded (it's in a Miami garage so there is a lot of humidity). It makes me think it's the the switch. I found info onthe web that says the timers rarely go. I bought a new switch but I haven't figured out how to take the cabinet apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JC

Old 02-24-04, 08:57 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
Hi Jcos16,
to remove the cabinet unplug washer, stand in front look at the console you should see 2 phillips screws one on each end of the console, remove those screws. then lift the console back (flip to the rear) you will see a plug connector in center of cabinet when the console is flipped back unplug the 3 wire connector. now you will also see 2 brass colored spring clips one on each side remove with a straight blade screwdriver. you can now pull cabinet towards you then away from machine and see the lid sw. under cabinet housing.

hope that helps

Old 02-25-04, 05:37 PM
jcos16
Visiting Guest
Thanks, it's fixed

I got your e-mail after the fact, but thanks.
I was able to figure out how to remove the cabinet. I worked slowly because I didn't know what I was doing. Little by little it came apart. To add to the difficulty the washer is in the corner, so access was a problem.
Botom line. It was the switch. I swapped it out and we are washing the kids cloths again. All for the sum of a $21. switch.
Thanks again for your help.
JC

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: