Kenmore washer lid switch replacement


Old 02-28-04, 11:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 23
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Kenmore washer lid switch replacement

My daughter’s Kenmore washer has a broken lid switch. I have a new switch on order, but I need to know how to get at the switch. Does anyone know how to remove the cabinet or how to get to the switch to replace it? If you do would be so kind to post the procedure or e-mail them to me? TIA for your help. Here are the specs for the washer:
Series 70
Model # 11020722911
Serial # CL 0618142
Type 111
The switch will be here Wednesday or Thursday and I want to get all the info I can so when it gets here I can replace it for her. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-04, 05:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
lid switch

Hi Big Mac,
That washer is a direct drive style and the cabinet is removed to replace the lid switch.

First unplug washer, standing min front of the washer you will see 2 phillips head screws securing the console to the cabinet one on each side in front on console , remove those 2 screws.

you can now flip the console back, next unplug the wire connector in center of cabinet which is under the console.

next , you will see 2 brass colored spring clips remove those with a straight blade screwdriver insert in center void of clips and pry out.
now you can grab the cabinet while standing in front of it and pull towards yourself, tilt about45 degrees and lift up and carry the cabinet away and replace the lid switch underneath side.

hope that helps post back if need more info
Old 03-01-04, 09:16 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 23
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info. I have just one other question. At the bottom of the console there is a plastic trim strip. Do I pry this strip off to get at those 2 phillips head screws that hold the console to the cabinet? This sounds like a fairly easy repair. Hopefully the switch will be here in a few days. Thanks again.
Old 03-01-04, 10:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hi BigMac,
If you have the style where there is a trim covering the screws then just use thumbs and push away from one side. then the other side is done same way. it should not take a lot of force but
i have used a screwdiriver in some cases.

It sounds as if you got it covered, once the switch comes in.

when reinstalling the cabinet a couple things to watch are the water inlet diverter, ( where the water flows into tub) at top of basket it sometimes will try and catch on the cabinet and break the plastic studs off. then when re-aligning bottom of cabinet back on to the frame there are two tabs that it will go on top of.

you will see this after the cabinet has been removed
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: