dryer burning lint smell

Old 04-26-04, 03:01 PM
Morgen
Visiting Guest
dryer burning lint smell

Hi,

I am renting an apt where the washer/dryer unit is in the bathroom. Prior owner (80yr old original owner) never used a vent tube. I think the unit is 2 years old. There is no outside access so I picked up a foil vent tube and vent box. I keep the lint catcher clean and before I installed the tube I vaccuumed the outside of the back cover (did not remove) and tidied the back wall. Although the tube has eliminated the humidity, if I use the dryer on anything but low heat I get a burning smell. I looked at GE website and spoke with a rep but no help. Can someone give me an idea if it is reasonable to unplug the thing remove the back panel and gently vaccuum out the back. I can not figure out any other options. Your thoughts and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Morgen

Old 04-27-04, 06:35 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Yes! Do So As Soon As Possible

Hello Morgen and Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

As the header indicates, yes. Very resonable and part of the maintainance which should be done every two years or so.

Unplug the machine, remove the back cover(s) and clean out all the lint possible. Lint is the number one cause of dryer fires.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: