Kenmore ice maker making icicles

Old 05-14-04, 12:12 PM
telesia1
Visiting Guest
Question Kenmore ice maker making icicles

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refer/freezer, Model# 106-8590216, Serial# SB2514461. The ice maker (Model #106-626633) makes good ice cubes but then also makes icicles. The water entering the ice maker over flows. The water then drips into the ice cube bin and freezes into an ice column from the ice maker to the bin. Some ice cubes can be salvaged but most are refrozen into a big chunk of ice at the bottom of the ice bin. Can any one help remedy this icy situation?

Last edited by telesia1; 05-14-04 at 12:14 PM. Reason: left a word out
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-04, 07:51 PM
Don Hummel
Visiting Guest
I had the same problem However, I can tell you that it only gets worse. I now have icebergs. I have tried to look at the ice maker to try to figure something out, but to no avail. Is there any way to escalate this and get some help? I can tell you that this is the pits (the icebergs, that is). The only one that I can help is the birds (the icebergs make a cool bath for the birds here in Texas )
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-04, 03:31 PM
appliancepresid
Visiting Guest
A few things that may be happening: Water inlet valve sticking , water fill adjusting screw or knob needs to be adjusted, ( this is either a knob style on the side of the unit head) or ( remove the white plastic head cover in font of the I/M) behind the plastic cover should be a screw with a spring around it with arrows showing a + or _ that is the water adjustment control.

another thing could be the micro switch inside I/M is sticking

My first place to look would be the adjustments, next would be water valve staying open longer than needed. due to debri calcium sand dirt deposits inside valve.

Old 01-12-07, 05:51 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Icicles from kenmore ice maker

I solved my problem just by replacing the ice tray mold. It seem that the protective coding failed and the tray rusted through. Hope this helps someone else...