Kenmore Series 70 washer problem

Old 05-22-04, 03:33 PM
Solidroque
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Series 70 washer stopped after it filled

I have a Kenmore Series 70 Heavy Duty washer model # 110.81675710. I began filling it up for a full load. As soon as it was done filling, nothing happened. It will not agitate. It will not spin. It does not make any noise at all. It had been working fine until now. Moving the dial for what type of wash (i.e. cotton, perm press, etc.) does nothing. Moving the knob for amount of wash (i.e. small, medium, etc.) also does nothing. I am familiar enough with it to get inside the washer. I have read that it might be the water level pressure switch and that I should test it with an ohm meter, but I do not know where to put the sensors. Any thoughts?
P.S. I saw a water level pressure switch on eBay that looked the same as mine. They both had Singer and the number 5220 stamped into the metal. Mine only has three level settings, his has four. Would these parts be compatible or not?

Last edited by Solidroque; 05-23-04 at 07:16 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-24-04, 12:10 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Solidroque

Chances are the door lid safety switch is either defective or not being pushed down far enough to make contact. The machine is likely to be a model which does not function at all when the door lid switch does not make contact.

To test the switch, may have to do a continuity test using an ohm meter. Be sure the electrical power is turned off or the appliance is unpluged from the wall outlet before doing any testing and or repairs.

Below is the Sears search by model number link.
Copy the address and repaste it into the browsers address bar.

Electric Appliance Parts & Repair:

http://www.sears.com

Search By Model Number Page:

http://www3.sears.com

http://www.whirlpool.com

DIY'S Electric Appliances Pages:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Refrigerator, Washing Machines & Info. http://doityourself.com/appliance/index.shtml

Additional Help and Suggestions:
Read some of the existing posts in this forum. In them will have additional ideas and or suggestions, along with repairs procedires, etc.

Read the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals, which may be available online.

Search the manufacturers web site for a downloadable version of the owners or service manual. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe, which also needs to be downloaded first but worth having once obtained.

Do an online search for the model by brand name or use a search engine web site like goggle etc. This web site also has help info. All of which can be found in the banner above at the top of this page.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers.

Appliance part stores and dealers are listed in the phone book. May find some help on the pages listed at the top of this page in the banner topics.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas, suggestions, test and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

The only positive proof any part is functioning correctly, is to carefully remove the part or parts you suspect to be the potential problems. Have the local appliance parts store person test it or check it. Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances and are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: