washer cycle

Old 07-11-04, 12:21 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
washer cycle

i have a kitchen aid washer lately after the water has filled the washer it does not go though all the cycles i found that you have to move the dial in and out lightly to get it going is this somthing i can fix myself i am handy the unit is about 7 years old never no trouble before you could turn the dail to the setting pull out and would do just fine until now thank you in advance.

Old 07-11-04, 11:56 PM
Doc Electric
Visiting Guest
Kitchenaid washer

It sounds like a timer that is going bad. If it works ok after you jiggle the timer knob, then it is probably internal in the timer, you could check the plug-in connector on the timer and make sure its fully seated to the timer. Hope this helps. Doc E

Old 07-12-04, 11:29 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
washer

thanks doc how much trouble is it to replace the timer if you could guide me though the steps .thanks andy

Old 07-12-04, 08:43 PM
Doc Electric
Visiting Guest
repacing the timer

Its fairly simple. You need to open the control panel, two screws on the front or back (depending on age of washer, older ones have them on the front) they are located at the far left and right bottom edge of the control panel. Pull the control panel forward slightly and then lift till it tilts back on its hinges. The knob must be removed older ones unscrew the opposite way they turn. newer ones must be released from the back. Under the knob and pointer are two screws, remove them to remove the timer, from the back side. Unplug the connector and your done. Just reverse the procedure to reinstall. Doc E

Old 07-25-04, 01:52 PM
pascal
Visiting Guest
Which of these parts contains the timer for the WSLP1100A0WW (GE Spacemaker) washer?

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrame...Machine&Mark=1

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: